Fettuccine Alfredo is one of Italy’s most famous pasta recipes. It is a dish that speaks of simplicity, elegance a touch of decadence. This wonderful pairing of rich, creamy sauce and pasta that works equally well as an entree or as a side dish. Make someone you love happy, serve them some Fettuccine Alfredo tonight!
- 1 pound. fettuccine, cooked, drained
- Approximately 2/3 cup pasta water
- 11/2 sticks butter, cut in small cubes
- 3 cups grated Parmesan Cheese
- Bring 6 quarts salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add fettuccine and cook until it is just al dente.
- Drain pasta, reserving about a cup of the pasta water.
- Bring 2/3 cup pasta water and butter to a boil in a large skillet.
- Add pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
- Toss about 2 minutes until a rich creamy sauce is formed, adding more water if necessary.
- Serve Immediately.