Here we go with another middle eastern appetizer that can be made well in advance.
Babaganoosh is a paste made of roast or grilled eggplant and tahini.This is a delicious healthy snack that can be eaten with pita. It is served along with hummus and tabouli as an appetizer course.
- 3 eggplants broiled
- 4 cloves garlic
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Olive oil, to taste
- Kosher or Sea Salt
- ½ cup tahini
- 1½ teaspoon ground cumin
- chopped fresh mint, and parsley for garnish
- Pierce eggplants with fork.
- Place the eggplants in a baking dish.
- Roast in oven on shelf furthest from the flame.
- Broil 20 minutes on one side.
- Turn and broil 10 minutes on other side.
- Cool for easy handling.
- With a spoon scoop out the flesh of the eggplant.
- Place the flesh in bowl, sprinkle with salt.
- Press to remove water from the flesh.
- Drain the water and sprinkle with more salt.
- Repeat this 3 times.
- Combine all the ingredients in food processor or blender
- Process until the mixture is smooth.
- Garnished with chopped fresh mint, and parsley
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.