This is a quick and easy recipe for party food. It is easy to scale up for large gathering. I like the mix of smoke, dill, citrus and chives melded with the creaminess of cream cheese. It has always been a hit every time I have served it.
- ½ Lb Smoked Salmon without skin (Copper River is best)
- ½ Lb Cream Cheese softened
- 1 Tablespoon Dill Weed dried
- 1 Tablespoon Chives fresh chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest finely grated
- ½ Teaspoon White Pepper fresh round
- ½ Teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ½ Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and whip till it is loose.
- Add the dry ingredients including the lemon zest and chives, mix well.
- Flake the salmon and combine with the cheese mixture. Be careful to not lose the texture of the salmon.
- Cover the spread and refrigerate it for at least an hour, overnight is best.
- Serve with small slices of rye bread or your favorite crackers.