Shrimp Panang Curry is one of my personal favorite foods. The way it's flavor notes dance on your tongue is a delight to your sense of smell and taste. So many intense flavors held in a perfect balance.
- 1 ½ Pound peeled shrimp
- 3 Tablespoon Panang Curry Paste
- 15 leaves Sweet basil leaves
- 1 can (13.5 FL.) Coconut milk
- 3 Teaspoons Fish sauce
- 3½ Teaspoons Sugar
- 6 Red Chili peppers cut in half lengthwise
- Clean the shrimp, remove the vein along the back.
- Heat in a saucepan, ¾ Cup of coconut milk & the curry paste on high heat.
- Cook until the sauce bubbles.
- Add Shrimp, 2 Tsp of fish sauce and 2 Tsp of sugar
- Stir continually and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add ¾ Cup of coconut milk, 1 Tsp fish sauce, 1 ½ Tsp of sugar & 10 sweet basil leaves
- Stir occasionally until the shrimp are cooked pink.
- Garnish with red chili peppers and 5 basil leaves.
- Serve immediately with hot steamed Jasmine rice.
Makes 4 servings