This is a quick and simple to make dish that is packed with flavor. The red curry paste and coconut milk goes well with the earthy taste of catfish.
Catfish in Red Curry (Pad Phed Pladuk)
- 2 ½ pound Catfish fillet.
- 1 can (13.5 FL.) Coconut milk
- 4 Tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 5 Fresh very hot Thai Red Chillies.
- 4 Kaffir Lime leaves torn in half
- 2-3 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 sprigs Cilantro chopped
- ¼ of a lime in thin half-moon slices
- Cut the catfish fillet into medium size cubes about 2" x 2"
- Separate about ½ cup of cream from the coconut milk, and heat.
- Cook the catfish pieces in the coconut cream until just done.
- Put the cooked catfish aside.
- Bring the remaining coconut milk & curry paste to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and stir till oil starts to form on top.
- Add the cooked fish pieces and the coconut cream mixture.
- Lower the heat to low, and gently cook till heated.
- Adjust taste with fish sauce and a little sugar.
- Add the kaffir lime leaves and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Place the fish on a serving platter.
- Garnish with slices of fresh chili peppers and lime
- Sprinkle on the chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
Makes 6 servings