Grilled Pineapple Chicken
I get tapped as grill master at gatherings. We can throw down a lot of food in a hurry. This recipe has been a winner at some good sized cookouts. One afternoon I cooked over 200 of these for a birthday barbecue. They disappeared quickly and we got a lot of compliments and people searching for more of them..
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 large Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1½ cups Cubed Pineapple
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons Green Thai Curry Paste
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1-2 teaspoon Chilli Paste
- Bamboo Skewers soaked 24 hours
- soak the bamboo skewers for 24 hours
- Cut the chicken and pineapple into 1½ " cubes.
- Cut the onion and green pepper into 1½ " squares.
- Combine the dry ingredients until mixed well
- Use the dry spice mix a a dry rub on the cubed chicken breast.
- Cover, refrigerate and let the chicken rest at least an hour.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl for the marinade.
- Skewer the chicken, onion, pepper, & pineapple alternating ingredients.
- Place them in a large flat low container with a cover.
- Pour the marinade over the skewered ingredients.
- Make sure the marinade covers everything evenly.
- Let them set refrigerated for at least an hour.
- Pour the marinade into a saucepan
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat
- Simmer a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
- Grill the skewers over medium heat.
- Baste them with the cooked marinade.
- Turn and baste them frequently to prevent burning.
- Cook until the chicken is tender, juicy and firm.