A pound cake is one of life's simple pleasures. This golden, rich cake is the basis of many wonderful desserts. Making a pound cake is a very simple project..
This cake gets it's name from the fact that each of the ingredients used in the recipe weigh one pound. Try this recipe, you will not be disappointed.
- 1 pound cake flour
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 pound granulated sugar
- 1 pound egg (8 large eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Generously butter 2- 9 inch loaf pans.
- Place a sheet of parchment in the bottom of the pan.
- Cream the sugar into the butter.
- Add the vanilla extract to the creamed sugar.
- Mix the eggs into the mixture, one egg at a time.
- Gradually fold ithe flour and salt into the mixture.
- Mix until the ingredients are completely combined.
- Pour the batter into the pans.
- Tap the pans on a firm surface to remove any air pockets,
- Bake the cakes for 1 hour.
- Remove the pans from the oven.
- Test with a toothpick, if it comes out clean, the cakes are done.