Fried Rice With Basil - Koa Pad Krapao
This is a tasty and fragrant dish that is easy to make. Any meat will do, or you can substitute fried tofu for the meat if preparing a vegetarian meal.
- 6 cloves Garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Thai Hot Chili, finely chopped
- 6 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pound Fresh Chicken, pork or shrimp, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Pound Cooked Jasmine rice, preferably chilled overnight
- 2 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoon Green Onions, finely sliced
- 8 Tablespoon Fresh Sweet Basil Leaves
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Coriander Root, chopped
- Heat oil in a wok or fry pan.
- Stir-fry garlic until golden.
- Add Chili and chicken, cook until done.
- Add cooked rice, sugar, fish and soy sauce.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring and tossing gently.
- Continue stirring until it is mixed well
- Stir in green onions, basil leaves & coriander.
Makes 4 servings.