Cashew Chicken (Kai Pad Med Ma Muang)
Cashew Chicken is a simple dish which shows the influence of Chinese culture on Thai cuisine. It is a quick, simple and very tasty dish that balances the elements of sweet, savory, and hot. It has a wide range of textures, making it interesting eating. We all are looking for a new way to cook chicken and this one will be a hit with family and friends. For those who are not chili addicts just reduce the number of peppers used.
- ¾ Pound Boneless chicken
- ¼ Cup Cooking oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 ounce Sliced water chestnuts
- 6 to 8 Green onions, 2" length
- 3 to 5 Whole dried red chili peppers
- 2 Tablespoon Oyster sauce
- ¾ Pound Unsalted roasted cashew nuts
- Thinly slice chicken into 2" length.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the garlic until it is a light brown color.
- Add the chicken and oyster sauce, stir fry it for 5 minutes.
- Add the water chestnuts, green onions, red chili peppers & roasted cashews.
- Stir until the ingredients are mixed well.
- Serve hot over Jasmine rice.