There's Nothing Like Bacon Wrapped Love
With the holiday season fast approaching, we are all looking for finger food which can be shared at parties. We all need something new to add to our list of party fare menu. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against tradition. However some times we need to add or own new tradition to the holiday season. Which is why I have been playing around with new recipes to bring to the table.
This appetizer is packed with tons of decadent flavor. They can be made well in advance and cooked quickly to keep the serving platters filled with them. Try them and I now they will become a favorite with friends and family. The recipe works equally well substituting fresh figs for the dates. Like I always say anything is better wrapped in bacon.
- 1 container of Medjool dates
- 2-3 ounces of a soft goat cheese
- 10-12 Bacon slices (apple wood or maple)
- Slivered roasted Almonds
- A good well aged (sweet) Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Cut bacon slices into thirds.
- Pit dates by making slice across the top and carefully removing pit.
- Stuff the dates with about 1 teaspoon of goat cheese.
- Press an almond sliver into the cheese.
- Pinch the date back together.
- Wrap the bacon around the date.
- Secure the bacon to the date with a toothpick.
- Place the dates on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 12 minutes,
- Turn the dates and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Lightly drizzle them with a high quality old balsamic vinegar.
- Serve them warm or at room temperature.